Wednesday 27 March 2013

Moving forward

I had a very stressful few days dealing with the issue with my friend but thankfully we got together and resolved all of that and I feel much better! I had slept really badly for a few nights and felt constantly anxious and so I just had to do another test to make sure that I hadn't scared the little one away from this stressful world ;) The fertility clinic have told me that I can stop my remaining meds from 8 weeks (which is now). I've been taking Progynova and doing the Gestone shots ever since the embryo transfer and so it's odd to be shaking off that security blanket. The nurse said that I could wind it down gradually if I want to and so I'm tailing it off over this week. We met with the midwife for the first time today :) It felt like a real milestone and I really feel like we are now moving away from the uncertainties of IVF and early pregnancy and into pregnancy proper! The midwife was very lovely and I'm glad to hear that I will see the same midwife for most of my visits. She just asked us a few questions about general health and booked me in for my 12 week scan. I might need some more blood tests, although she's going to check if I've already had them all as part of the IVF preparations. They will test my urine at the 12 week scan too. She talked us through the inital screening for Down's syndrome and my hub and I discussed it. We've decided that we don't want to have the screening as it wouldn't make any difference to us in terms of continuing with the pregnancy and we don't want any unnecessary worry and uncertainty that might result from it. If problems are discovered when the baby is born then we will deal with them then. We can't prepare ourselves for every possible eventuality. The midwife left me with lots of paperwork to fill in about our own and family medical history, and lots of leaflets to read. It's nice to find that I'm now finding myself re-reading the same information in different places and so I feel pretty well informed for this stage of the pregnancy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment