Sunday 10 March 2013

Fear

A few days ago I had some really light spotting. It was so light that if I wasn't watching my body's every move like a hawk then I may not have even noticed it. I was slightly concerned but after reading about spotting and bleeding in early pregnancy I relaxed. I went away for the night with some friends on Friday. A couple of these friends know about the pregnancy but most of them don't. It was so weird not talking about it. Another friend, who does know, fed our cats while we were both away and left a lovely bunch of flowers for me as a congratulations gift and also as my first Mother's Day gift! He is so sweet. A big softie who is very emotional about the fact that I'm pregnant. This morning, I woke up to some more significant bleeding than I had earlier in the week. I just wanted to curl up under a blanket and feel sorry for myself. It's Mothers Day and I couldn't face the idea of something bad happening today of all days. It caused so much anxiety. It was more pinkish/brown than red and didn't get worse over the course of the next few hours as my period would have done. But it was enough to worry me. I called the on-call nurse at the hospital, who actually turned out to be my consultant. He was fairly reassuring and told me to take it easy and that as long as the bleeding doesn't get heavier than my period that it should be ok. He didn't feel that a scan would help at this point. The bleeding seemed to slow over the next couple of hours and so I went ahead and took mum for lunch as planned. The bleeding is now very light and brown like at the end of my period. I'm now lying on the sofa and don't intend to move... After all the problems we've dealt with up to this point, why can't everything be plain sailing? I really hope this bleeding situation doesn't continue. I know it's normal for some women but my nerves can't stand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment