Monday 4 March 2013

Acceptance

I've realised that I haven't really talked about the impact that I think the book mentioned in this post has had. The exercises that I learnt in the book truly made me feel more positive about my chances of success and left me wanting to reject any negative thoughts or information. Who knows whether this has helped us to be successful this time but it definitely made me feel better! One of the things suggested was to go out and buy something for the baby to show your belief that they are on the way. We bought this little hat, ready for next winter. I've had a very relaxing, lazy weekend at home. Bought some new books to read!: There is a lot of negativity in them unfortunately. Lots of information about all the things that can go wrong! I'm skipping over those bits. But one thing that I read did stick in my mind. I started getting worried about this being a chemical pregnancy. I knew that it was unlikely as I have had some early symptoms (tiredness, needing to pee more) and I haven't got my period, but I still felt the need to do another test this evening to make sure. I don't like the fact that my boobs don't really feel any different yet! That's supposed to be one of the first signs but nothing! All is well though :) I have a GP appointment booked for Friday morning and an 8 week scan booked for 21st March so hopefully the next steps will all start to get a bit clearer soon. Still trying to take it all in....! I have some social stuff going on this week and next. Some people that I'll see already know about our positive test results. The others will be told that we're still waiting for the outcome of our last IVF cycle - which isn't ENTIRELY untrue. They may think it's odd that we've been waiting so long, and they may guess the truth and that's fine. But that'll be my story and I'm sticking to it for now :) I can't believe that I'm actually finally starting on the "pregnancy" part of this story.

2 comments:

  1. What a great blog, truly inspiring.
    It's so great to see you've gone into detail, and aren't afraid to be honest and open. The IVF process can be a highly emotional one, and does not always have a happy ending, so it's refreshing to see someone speak so openly about it.
    This would be an invaluable resource for anyone looking to take the first step on the IVF journey, and because it's your personal journey, this will really help those people associate, and could convince them to start the journey

    Inspiring words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca, thanks so much for your comment. The first comment on this blog!! Yay :) I truly hope that my words can help others travelling the same journey in some way. It's not the journey that I imagined it would be when I first started out and no doubt the road ahead will be a little different than I currently envisage it to be. Looking forward to continue sharing my experiences.

      Delete