Monday 18 March 2013

Panic

On Friday morning I had some more light bleeding :( I called my GP surgery and spoke to one of the doctors. She said exactly the same thing that my consultant had said previously. Basically that there is no need to panic but she gave me instructions as to who to call if things get worse. We went out for dinner with some friends on Friday night. It's the first time that we've seen them since we told them about the pregnancy and they were so excited for us but we were frozen with fear! On Saturday morning I still had some bleeding and some pretty bad cramping. Hubby was at work and I made the mistake of getting on the internet looking for reassurance. I read one too many comments from people describing my symptoms and explaining that it's exactly what they experienced before their miscarriage. I burst into tears and felt really panicky. When my husband phoned from work to say hi and heard the state of me he came straight home, bless him. We went out for lunch to try and distract ourselves but it didn't really help. We came home and watched a couple of DVDs. I fell asleep pretty quickly - probably emotional exhaustion. As the evening went on I started feeling less crampy and the bleeding slowed. I've just had spotting since and am feeling much better about things again. That's twice now that things have got better rather than worse. Maybe this is just the routine for me. And we're now only three days from our 8 week scan! Thanks God. I'm generally feeling very anxious about everything. The pregnancy, being a parent, issues with a friend that have been ongoing for months but that seem to be effecting me even more than usual. I guess it's hormonal. I really feel that I need to find a way to manage my stress levels better at the moment. I saw another firend tonight and told her about the pregnancy. She was really happy for us. It's odd though, some people seem very hesitant to truly congratulate us at this state. A few people have said things like "Well, even if it doesn't work out this time, at least you know that it's possible!". The last thing that I want to think about is the possibility of having to climb this mountain again, thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment