Thursday 28 February 2013

Crazy times

What a surreal week this has been! We were ready to tell our families and close friends on Monday night but my other half was away overnight with work so we waited until Tuesday. We went to see my mum first with one of the tests in a biscuit tin and told her that we had made something that we thought she would get a kick out of. She was really surprised, and relieved as she had assumed that we had wanted to stop by to tell her that things hadn't worked out again! Next we told my man's immediate family and some close friends, all via text. The phone was very busy for an hour or so! Lots of excitement from everyone which was lovely. Afterwards we were still looking at each other in disbelief that this is happening! Yesterday morning we did one final test, as that was the day that the clinic had asked us to wait until. The positive line appeared just as quickly as the test line :) I can't believe that officially I am 5 weeks pregnant already - nearly half way through the first trimester! I called the clinic and they have booked me in for an 8 week scan on 21st march. Can't wait! At work today, I told the three colleagues that I share an office with as they knew that a test was imminent. They are really happy for me too and promise to keep it to themselves for now. They bought me a lovely bunch of flowers and some delicious desserts for us all to share :) I went to Boots after work to get some maternity vitamins and took great pleasure in picking up a free magazine (advert!) for parents-to-be and browsing the baby clothes and actually feeling like I belong there rather than being a weird imposter. What a weird transition this is...

No comments:

Post a Comment