Thursday 7 February 2013

New thinking

The drugs have definitely been having an effect these last couple of weeks. I have been feeling more and more tired as time has gone on and cloudy headed with difficulty concentrating. I've been very lazy, not exercising and driving to work. I do think it's important to be nice to yourself when you're not feeling great so I don't feel too guilty! I went for a scan on the 30th and the nurse was happy that the Buserilin was doing it's job. I started the oestrogen drugs on Saturday and have been feeling much more lively and normal! I got a cold and it's turned colder too which has been the perfect excuse to keep driving and to sit in front of the fire every night! My weight has gone up a little bit though... I'm still having daily Buserilin injections but also the HRT pills (progynova) and also a patch (I forget the name). No other side effects with those drugs worth mentioning. I'm due another scan on Monday (11th) and we'll find out then when the date will be for the embryo transfer. I was emailing with an old client as she is going through IVF too and so we've been comparing notes. She recommended a book, "Trying to Get Pregnant (and Succeeding)" by Marisa Peer. It's basically about positive thinking, mind over matter and the effect that your thoughts and words can have on how your body responds. It's very interesting reading so far and I'm now working on truly believing that I am going to get pregnant. It's a hard shift when up until now I have been trying to accept that it might not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment