Tuesday 12 February 2013

New injections

I had a final scan at the clinic yesterday. Everything is as it should be and we are all set for the embryo transfer on Wednesday. We were also shown how to do the new intra-muscular (in the butt) injections. These injections have replaced the progesterone pessaries that I have used in previous cycles. The injections are supposed to work better - it's just a shame they have to be so deep! My other half had a practice at giving me the shot at the clinic which was fine - really not painful. But I will need to give the shot to myself on a couple of occasions when my husband will be away overnight with his job. So tonight I've had a go at doing it myself. I wasn't too concerned about it at all - right up until I had the needle in my hand, then I got really anxious! I had watched a few YouTube videos of other girls injecting themselves and it really didn't look too bad, so I bit the bullet and stuck it in! The needle went in really easily with no pain. The next step was to draw the fluid back slightly to check that I hadn't hit a capillary. This was impossible as I couldn't get two hands on the needle and the syringe is really stiff to plunge and draw back. I really couldn't do it withone hand. The girls in the videos that I had watched hadn't bothered to draw the needle back before injecting and so I figured, what the hell, what's the worse that can happen? So I injected. Hopefully I'm not going to drop down dead or anything! I'm feeling incredibly proud of myself :) So, tomorrow I'm off to get pregnant!!

No comments:

Post a Comment