Monday 25 February 2013

It's happening!

It was a truly surreal day yesterday. I felt like I was having an out of body experience. My sister-in-law, who has been amazingly supportive through all of this, sent me a text yesterday evening to ask me how things were. She knew that we were due to test and I couldn't lie to her and so my other half called her and she is the first person that we have told. She was so excited and my man was blubbering and I still felt like we were talking about someone else! We explained that we wanted to get a stronger test before we tell anyone else and she's promised to keep it quiet. I got through yesterday without a period and the result on our test this morning is even stronger :) It's been an odd day at work today, pretending to colleagues that it's an average day for me, and in lots of ways it does feel like an average day. Life still goes on after all. Despite this amazing piece of information we have been given! I had low back pain again this morning and have felt lots of little twinges in my womb today. There is definitely something going on in there! It's tough as I've no idea what is normal and what's not, but my sister-in-law pointed out that I'll be obsessing with every little sensation throughout the pregnancy so I should just get used to it! My mother-in-law has just text me to ask if we have done a test and, after a lot of discussion about how we should respond, I just said "tomorrow :)". We have decided that we will tell the whole family tomorrow. We'll go and see my Mum in person and my in-laws are oversees so we have a plan with a series of photos to email to them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment