Sunday 7 April 2013

Feeling rough...

When we met with the midwife she said that if I hadn't experienced any morning sickness at that stage that I probably wouldn't in the future. Well, despite that I have had some waves of nausea most days since then. I'm keeping Cheddars close at hand and as soon as I feel a bit sick I munch on 3-4 of those which seems to help. Thankfully I've had no vomiting. My mum said it was the same for her during her pregnancies. I don't know if I've mentioned how tired I've been. Not constantly but again it comes in waves. My friend described it well. She said it's like when you have some kind of virus and all of your energy is completely zapped. You hear about people being tired in their pregnancy but I didn't realise quite how extreme it would be. On top of the tiredness and nausea, I've now come down with a cold. I'm usually quite happy to dose myself up with cold medicine but that's not an option. So I'm resorting to chicken soup, steam, vitamin C and the occasional dose of paracetamol. It's not really doing the job.... I've just read that your immune system is lowered in pregnancy to stop you rejecting the embryo so you are prone to colds. I really hope this is the only one for me, it sucks! I'm quite amazed how this pregnancy is taking over my body and my ability to function as normal. I'm looking forward to getting to the end of this first trimester, seeing how much our baby has grown at the next scan and hopefully getting some energy back! We were due to have a visit from the midwife yesterday but she was ill so it was cancelled. I'm now going to be seeing a different midwife next week instead. It's a bit of a shame not to be seeing the same one again. My hub keeps telling people about the pregnancy! He finds all the questions about future plans that come up too difficult to manoeuvre so he blabs... I've taken that as permission to tell one of my friends who was there for me via email earlier in our treatment. I sent the email yesterday but haven't heard back from her yet. It's a little worrying as I know that she's had a lot of problems herself and that my news will probably be bitter sweet for her. We're also planning to Skype with an old friend later today as we want to let her know before we put the news out on Facebook and she can be hard to pin down! Some friends of ours had their second baby this week. Their first baby was prem and this little one was also 4 weeks early. He's doing very well, just being tube fed. The birth was very sudden and unexpected and I think the story freaked out my other half a little bit! He's likely to be working when I'm due and his job is over an hours drive away, so I think that's a worry for him. I think it's unlikely that we'll have a similar situation to our friends. If my mums pregnancies are anything to go by then we'll be having trouble enticing this one out!

No comments:

Post a Comment