Sunday 14 April 2013

Making space

I'm almost over this cold now, thank goodness. I actually threw up following a wave of nausea this week. It came over me so fast. I immediately felt fine again afterwards and wolfed down a bag of mini-cheddars! Weird. I don't seem to be having the same level of extreme tiredness as before, but maybe that's because I'm taking the week off work and the weather has been bad so I've been generally taking it very easy anyway. I've noticed some headaches though and some waves of anxiety which brings on heart palpitations which I have always suffered with now and again. I've also noticed some breathlessness which has been extra hard to deal with with a cold! I can definitely feel, but not yet see, a firm swelling above my pubic bone. My other half is obsessed with it! He wants to have a feel at least twice a day :) I got fitted for a maternity bra this week. I was literally busting out of my usual bras and they were getting really uncomfortable. The new bras are only a cup size larger. They are very plain, non-wired, unsexy things but they are much more confortable! We've been doing some window shopping for baby stuff this week. Cotbeds, car seats and pushchairs. It's all a little overwhelming and I'm determined not to be drawn in by the sales talk. It's going to be very easy to spend a lot of money without even going over the top about it and I really want to focus on what this baby truly needs. We've also been clearing out our smallest bedroom which will be the nursery. We've been using it for storage so we've found new homes for everything. When we bought our house nearly 5 years ago, we were regularly in junk shops and reclamation yards. I found an old rocking chair and bought it with a picture in my head of me feeding our future baby. In all these years of trying to conceive, the chair has been sat in a corner looking very sad. I always said that I wouldn't fix it up until there was a baby on the way and so it gave me great pleasure yesterday to start sanding it. My other half took a picture of me doing it for a future baby book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment