Sunday 4 March 2012

One week in, one week to go...

So, we're one week in to the two week wait. Well 9 days actually, 5 to go! It's been a stressful time. Overnight, between day 4 and 5, I had some really strong cramps. Like bad period pain. It lasted a little while and then went off. But I lay awake for a while, terrified to get up and see if I was bleeding. When I did eventually get up, nothing. Then first thing on the morning of day 7 (Friday), I had some bleeding. I was convinced that I was getting my period really early and that it was game over. I walked into work fighting back the tears and was in a mild state of panic all morning. Wondering what the hell is wrong with me that my body is already rejecting when my period isn't due for another 5 days. The bleeding didn't last long. It changed to spotting and had stopped by lunchtime. I texted with my sisterinlaw, who said that she had some cramping before she knew that she was pregnant. I read article after article on the internet but couldn't get a consistent answer about whether what I experienced was implantation bleeding or something to worry about. My husband and I were climbing the walls so we decided to keep ourselves busy over the weekend. On Friday night we went out of dinner - no wine for me and I googled seafood during pregnancy to see what I could order! Then we went to a movie. On Saturday morning, I felt heaviness exactly like when I'm about to get my period. I was completely anticipating it happening and tried to accept it. I met friends for coffee and then did a bit of shopping. While shopping I started bleeding again. I really thought that this was it, end of the road. My husband met me at home, and the bleeding had stopped again! We both shed some stressed out tears and I called the doctor. Thankfully he said that this doesn't mean it hasn't worked. If I bleed as much as a regular period then it will be a bad sign, but otherwise we should wait and keep everything crossed. Later that evening, I was reading the side effects of one of the hormone supplements that I'm taking (Progynova). And what do you know, one of the side effects is bleedng and spotting! Why the hell didn't I read that earlier!! So it's been an emotional rollercoaster of a week to say the least! I still have hope. Now I'm wondering whether I'll get to Friday and be able to take the test or whether Aunt Flo will beat me to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment