Thursday 17 February 2011

IUI number 2

So, yesterday we did the second IUI. The first was so simple and painless that I had no concerns about going in for it. But I was in for a bit of a surprise. This time it was really uncomfortable and unpleasant. Apparently, each time I have an IUI they will alternate the type of catheter that they use to inseminate as it improves the chances of success. The catheter that the nurse used yesterday was longer and she put more liquid into my uterus. It left me with a very sore uterus for the rest of the day. Is it any wonder that the success rates for this procedure aren't great when your insides are constantly getting such a battering? If I was my uterus, I'd be saying "For God's sake, give it a rest, and no, I don't want an f-ing foetus in me thanks!"
Anyway, 2 weeks and 2 days from today I can do a pregnancy test. Unless AF comes first!

No comments:

Post a Comment