Monday 14 February 2011

Gearing up for IUI number 2

At the scan on Friday there had been some follicle growth but not enough, and so I continued with the higher dose of Puregon over the weekend. I went for yet another scan today and we have at least one, possibly two, follicles that have grown enough and so we are going for the IUI on Wednesday. Feeling very positive about this one for some reason :)
My usual nurse really struggles to scan my ovaries as she says that I have an extremely retroverted uterus and the ovaries are really tricky to get to. This causes me a great deal of discomfort and I end up squirming all over the bed, willing it to be over. The weird thing is, whenever any of the other nurses do it, it seems to be relatively easy for them .... But I don't feel able to make a complaint about my usual nurse's techique when I'm in such a vulnerable position with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment