Monday 8 October 2012

Day 10 post embryo transfer

So here we are, 10 days in, 3 to go. It's difficult to sum up how I'm feeling. I've been generally feeling really good since the transfer and pretty positive. I haven't had any of the severe cramping and bleeding that I experienced last time. One quite odd symptom that I've had is that a couple of times in the early days after transfer I woke in the night to an intense - almost painful - spontaneous orgasm and a feeling of blood rushing to my pelvic area. Very strange. I put it down to taking the Clexane injections and my blood flow just being better generally. I've just been researching it online and other women have mentioned it - a lot of them who have ended up being pregnant so it would be great if it's a good sign. But I know from experience that reading stuff online isn't necessarily helpful! I've also had very sore boobs since the transfer but put this down to the Cyclogest. I've been feeling quite tired and have had a low level headache most of today. I've been working on positive visualisation and have been picturing one of my embryos snuggling nice and warm into my uterine lining, and a little hand coming out of the lining and holding the embryo gently but firmly in place. Note that I say I'm picturing ONE embryo, not two. One baby would be safer than two and I'm not desperate for a ready made family. My other half has been looking at me very differently this last week or so. He is gooier than usual. He's naturally a glass-half-full type of guy and I know that he is feeling very positive about this time. Yesterday I woke up feeling pretty low. I felt generally pre-menstrual rather than pregnant. A spot on my chin - a sure sign of PMT for me - added to my assumptions. I was feeling very negative about the outcome this time. My hub gave me a card this morning, saying lovely things to reassure me that if it doesn't work out that he is excited about his future with me. I'm very lucky to have such a supportive partner through all of this. I keep thinking about the weekend ahead. Unfortunately we have a very busy weekend planned and so we won't have much time to either celebrate or commiserate. We can do the test on Thursday morning after which we will both have to dash off to work. Thankfully we'll have Thursday evening free to come to terms with/celebrate the result. I'm due to go out with old work colleagues on Friday evening, my hub is working on Saturday morning, we have a wedding on Saturday afternoon evening and then hub is working again on Sunday - he'll be away from home for 2 nights then. If it's a negative result I think I'll be wanting to crawl in a hole again and not talk to anyone. If it's a positive result it's going to amazing! But a shame not to be able to spend more time with together to enjoy it. 3 ... more... days...!

No comments:

Post a Comment