Monday 3 September 2012

Round 2 Underway

Wow, I didn't realise that it had been so long since I last posted! I hope that means that I haven't been dwelling on it all too much. I've certainly been busy and things are calming down work wise now so I have more time to chill out which is lovely. At our drug planning meeting, my husband asked the nurse if there was any other treatment that we could have that might help. It wasn't the first time that he had asked that question of staff at the clinic and we had always had a negative response. Other than the DHEA they haven't recommended anything else previously. However, the nurse at this meeting did mention 2 treatment options that we could try. One is an intralipid infusion - a soya based intravenous infusion - which may or may not help my immune system to accept an embryo. The other is another course of injections (Clexane) and some aspirin to thin my blood and hopefully increase blood flow after embryos are put back. Our funder said they would cover the cost of this too and so we figured, what the hell? Why not?? I don't want to have any regrets that we didn't try something. Anyway, today I had the intralipid infusion and it was fine. It took an hour to "infuse" and other than the discomfort of the IV needle I've had no ill effects. So far this cycle I have taken Norethisterone tablets and have started the Buserilin injections this the last week. When taken together these drugs seem to be OK. Unfortunately I've now stopped the Norethisterone and so I'm now waiting for the side effects of the Buserilin to kick in! I think my husband is a bit nervous as I totally lost it on him yesterday over something completely irrational. Oops. I need to take the Buserilin for at least another two weeks so it could be a shitty time for us all!! We went to our God daughter's christening yesterday which was lovely. She is very lucky and is surrounded by lots of family (4 generations). It's lovely to be part of it. I don't have any grandparents left and I've also lost my Dad. My husband's parents are divorced and my father-in-law is MIA a lot of the time. I have a lot of brothers and sisters in law but unfortunately the vast majority of them are overseas. It's a bit sad to me that any child that we may have won't have much family around them here. Hopefully we'll get visitors :) I'm thinking about getting a tattoo. I don't have any at the moment but I like the idea of having this African symbol on my inside wrist. It means strength and perseverance. I showed my husband and he said "you might want to wait until you come off the meds!" He probably has a point!

No comments:

Post a Comment