Monday 4 November 2013

Bye, bye due date

So another week has passed and so has the due date (which was yesterday). It's been a fairly low key week. D has been on half term and he has been happy to take things really easy, which has been good as it's forced me to slow down as well. We have tried to get out for a walk each day to encourage the baby into position and we've certainly got plenty of sleep. I've been sleeping for 8.5-9 hours each night on average and had the occasional daytime nap too! I made a brief video for the baby to let her know that we're excited about her arrival and to let her know the names that we have in mind for her (we've finally got a short list of five). Got quite emotional towards the end of the video and had to stop quickly before I started blubbing. We're going to set up an email address for her where we can send memories as they happen for her to read as she gets older, so I'll send the video to that. We've also been taking a bump picture each week and now that we've got to 40 weeks we've converted it to a time lapse video which is a nice momento :) I met with the NCT group again on Tuesday. All six of us were there this time with the 2 babies who had already arrived. A third has arrived since then. In theory, I'm supposed to be next! I've started to take some raspberry leaf capsules, although from what I've read I might have left it a little late. Apparently raspberry leaf tones the uterus and can help a faster second stage of labour so I'm willing to give it a go even at this late stage! We've also started doing some nipple stimulation (a bit tedious for both parties when you're supposed to do it for an hour a day!) and we're having sex (which is pretty comical at this point!). We went out for a curry on Saturday night too. Partly to try and encourage labour but also because it'll probably be our last meal out for some time. Not sure what else we can do other than wait! My Mum recently told me that my nan carried all three of her children for 10 months (in the days before induction). As my sister and I were both late, and D and all his siblings were late, it looks like family history is not on our side for an induction-free start! I would really like things to happen on their own but what will be will be. I have a midwife appointment tomorrow so we'll see what she says. Today I'm keeping myself occupied by getting ahead with the Christmas shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment