Sunday 26 June 2011

The roller coaster continues

I had the IUI on Friday. It all went fine. No mention of the cysts. It did leave me extremely sore though. I spent the evening on the sofa with a hot water bottle on my belly. Not that it did any good but it was a comfort. It's feeling much better today.
I spent part of Saturday afternoon with an old work colleague, taking photographs of her and her family. She has two small children and they are lovely. We were out in the garden in the sun. It was pretty idyllic. I came away wandering if we would ever have a similar scenario.
I got home to the news that two close friends of ours (married) had asked us to stop by, so we did. Only to find out that they are pregnant. This was the first time that I've been faced with news of a friends pregnancy where I genuinely had a hard time being excited and happy for them. I just wanted to run away. We were invited to stay for dinner but made our excuses to leave. I cried all the way home in the car and bawled when we got home. I felt terrible feeling like this as we had also discovered that they have been through a miscarriage that we weren't aware of. And so they have had their fair share of problems. I really felt that we probably came across as apathetic about their pregnancy and we both felt badly about that. They weren't aware of our fertility problems - it just hasn't come up before. So we called and explained our less than ecstatic reaction. It feels good that they know.
I was texting a friend today. She asked how my weekend was going. I told her about the pregnancy and that it had been tough. She responded without evening mentioning it. Why is this subject so taboo??

No comments:

Post a Comment