Monday 20 June 2011

37

It's my birthday today. 37. Another year has passed on this journey. It was a mixed day. I was totally spoilt with gifts and lovely birthday messages and I spent most of the day with two close friends having lunch and shopping. But I was pretty grumpy all the same. I had a scan first thing this morning and I'm not responding that well to the drugs this time. I have some follicles that are 11 and 12 mm so they are nearly there, but the nurse also found some cysts. I don't know what this means and the nurse didn't answer my questions directly. What I do know is that they have halved my dose of Puregon because of the cysts even though my follicles are still too small. I'll be going back for another scan in two days so will be trying to get more information out of them about it. I'm feeling tired and low and fat and unable to talk about it all with my friends.

On the plus side, I'm in touch with an old friend/colleague via Facebook. She has been on a long and painful journey with fertility treatment and she is happy for me to bend her ear through all of this which is great. She seems to truly understand how I'm feeling. I'm really glad that I made contact with her about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment