Friday 10 February 2012

IVF underway

I'm feeling less of a need to blog which I guess is a good sign. I'm not really thinking about all this as much as I used to. I'm feeling positive about the treatment and happy to be cracking on with it. Life is less hectic and stressful lately than it was been over the last year. All is good. I had a pre-op assessment at the clinic a little while ago. They talked me through what will happen when I go in for the egg retrieval. The nurse was very honest about the fact that the local anisthetic injection in my cervix will hurt - "all the ladies say so". Thanks then! I could have coped with not knowing. It doesn't sound like it's going to be a pleasant experience but hey, I'm sure I can deal! I had a second round of the Norethisterone tablets at the end of January and have now started on the injections. One Buserilin shot and two Gonal-F shots each day, plus two steroid pills each day. So far so good. I'm not bothered about giving myself the shots anymore. And at the moment I'm not feeling any negative effects. I'm really hoping that I don't put on too much weight as I've been working out regularly since Christmas and don't want to see all my hard work disappearing! The shots and steroids continue until the 16th and then I go in for a scan. If I'm ready the egg retrieval will go ahead on the 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment